Borrowed Thoughts on Prayer, that have been helping Me..
This is from some of the Navigators’ material on “Listening Prayer” and “Healing Prayer”. I’m finding it so personally helpful that I think it’s worth a “share”.
When you sit down to start to pray:
1. Still and quiet yourself before God. (based on Psalm 131:2 – But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother… (NLT).
2. Take your place of authority in Christ (based on James 4:7 – Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.)
3. Ask Jesus to come in a very special way (based on Psalm 70:1 – Please, God, rescue me! Come quickly, Lord, and help me (NLT).
4. Ask Jesus to search your heart (based on Psalm 139:23-24 – O God, let the secrets of my heart be uncovered and let my wandering thoughts be tested: see if there is any way of sorrow in me, and be my guide in the eternal way (BBE).
5. Ask Jesus to communicate with you (based on 1 Samuel 3:10 – Speak, for Your servant is listening.)
6. Wait in silence for God’s communication (based on Psalm 62:1 – My soul waits in silence for God only.)
*** A Ministry of The Navigators. “Listening Prayer”. Navigators, “People Resources Team”.